Tackling Secondary 1 Subjects: Tips & Strategies [Run 2]
[Back by Popular Demand]
More than 800 students & parents attended our Run 1!
As your teenage child transition into the new chapter of his life, there are many changes that he has to cope with. One of the more obvious change would be the academic change where he will be faced with more challenging topics in the various subjects. In this seminar, both you and your child will learn how to cope with the common difficulties faced by students in Secondary school subjects.
In this complimentary Subject Webinar series, our Secondary Master Teachers will share their insights and advice with you and your teenage child on what is needed to build a good foundation for core Sec 1 subjects like English & Literature, Maths, Science & Chinese / HCL. These core skills and advice are applicable to all O-Level and IP students. Format: 3 hrs / Subject webinar [12 hours in total over different sessions]
- Generic core skills needed for Secondary school subjects
- Common difficulties encountered by Secondary students in these subjects
- Establishing a strong foundation in English/Literature, Chinese, Maths, Science & Chinese
Who should attend?
Register Now👉Click Here
Tackling Secondary 1 Subjects Series Highlights:
|Tackling Sec 1 Chinese/ Higher Chinese: 23 Jan (Sat) | 2.30 – 5.30 pm
Main differences between Primary & Secondary Chinese and how to progress for the next 4 years
Difference between the requirements for Chinese & Higher Chinese
Challenges faced by students in writing a topic-based essay and idea-generation for good story plots
New challenges in Secondary Chinese Comprehension & how to overcome them
|Tackling Sec 1 English & Literature: 24 Jan (Sun) | 2.30 – 5.30 pm
- Why your A* in Primary English won’t get you an A for Secondary English
- Difficulties faced by students in Secondary English
- (Essay Writing, Varied Comprehension Types, Knowledge Accumulation, Language & Literary Devices)
- Why students fail in Literature, and ways to handle this difficult subject
- The importance of grammar & expanding your arsenal of words/phrases
- The overarching reach of English and its implications for subjects like History, Geography & Social Studies
|Tackling Sec 1 Maths: 30 Jan (Sat) | 2.30 – 5.30 pm
- Heuristics Model Drawings vs Algebraic Method of Problem Solving
- Main Differences between Common Topics of P6 and S1 e.g. HCF, LCM, Number Patterns, Ratio, Rate & Percentage etc.
- Transition to Sec School Objectives– Emphasis on writing mathematical explanations & reasoning
- What to expect for the Secondary Mathematics Curriculum and Assessment formats
|Tackling Sec 1 Science: 31 Jan (Sun) | 2.30 – 5.30 pm
- Overview of Lower Secondary Science
- Differences between Primary Science & Lower Secondary Science
- Tips & strategies in tackling Secondary 1 Science
- Studying & building a strong foundation for Secondary Science
👉Click Here to reserve your seat!
Here’s what our very own MS alumni have to say about our programmes!
What are you waiting for?
Sign up for a seat today and let us journey together with your secondary 1!